gayladrummond

Holy Cows on Crack! GLDrummond's Blog

Gayla (or if you prefer, G. L.) loves to write and entertain people. She writes scifi as G. L. Drummond, fantasy and other things as Gayla Drummond.

One of her favorite pursuits is working to rescue animals, and as a result, a pack of eight has become part of her family. She loves to ride, and is happy to have two awesome horses. On the human side, two teens claim her as ‘Mom’, and her life partner is a storm-chasing veteran of nearly thirty years.

She has a katana, and isn’t afraid to use it, among her collection of shiny, sharp objects. She is also quite prepared for the Zombocalypse, and is a diehard Wolverine (the X Man, not the team) fan grrl.

Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)

Hopeless - Colleen Hoover I don't tend to read in this genre (I prefer fantasy, horror, and scifi to contemporary tales), but I know who Colleen is through the KDP forum and know what a genuinely nice person she is. NOTE: We are not "friends", yet have had a few friendly interactions on that forum. We also follow each other on Twitter.In answering a question on the forum, I used a link to "Hopeless" to illustrate my answer. While I had the book's page open, I thought "What the hell, I'll check the sample out."Reading the sample led to purchasing the ebook, and purchasing the ebook led to my first "DO NOT WANT TO PUT DOWN" read of the new year. I finished it in four hours."Hopeless" blew me away. It's very well-written; Sky and Holder are fantastic characters, and their story is terrible, yet gorgeous.